These open-faced sandwiches, made with creamy, rich Béchamel sauce, are anything but typical.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
- 12 ounces turkey breast, sliced
- 4 slices toasted thick-sliced white bread
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Heat butter and add flour. Whisk and slowly cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and milk, and stir until heated.
- Whisk in cheese until melted. Season with salt and white pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Sauce should be very thick.
- Place toast in an oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and tomatoes. Cover well with sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Garnish with bacon.
Tips & Notes
Reduced-fat cheese keeps total fat and saturated fat under control.