- ⅓ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs
- 2 ½ cups onion, finely chopped
- 6-7 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- ¾ cup lime juice
- corn tortillas
- Assorted taco toppings: Apple Cranberry Coleslaw, salsa, pico de gallo, cilantro, guacamole, tomatoes, avocado, etc.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add chicken pieces, and brown about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Layer onion and garlic in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Top with browned chicken. In a medium bowl, whisk together all seasonings, orange juice and lime juice. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add shredded chicken back to sauce in slow cooker, stir well and cook another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- For each serving, divide a heaping ½ cup shredded chicken between two corn tortillas, and top with Apple Cranberry Coleslaw and any other desired toppings.