- 2 quarts apricots, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- Sterilize canning jars, and prepare two-piece canning lids according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly until thick, about 25 minutes. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and fill hot jam into hot, sterile jars, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened clean paper towel; adjust two-piece metal canning lids.
- Process in a boiling water canner, following manufacturer’s instructions. The recommended process time for apricot jam is about 5 minutes for half-pints or pints.