- Makes: Makes 10 cups (15 servings of ⅔ cup each)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Apple skin contains a considerable amount of the apple’s phytonutrients and fiber, so try not to peel apples before cooking or eating.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- To toast pecans, place chopped nuts in a single layer on a large-rimmed baking sheet. Place on middle rack in a 350° oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss chopped apples with lemon zest and juice. Stir in cherries, celery and red onion.
- Lightly mix in mayonnaise.
- If serving immediately, stir in toasted pecans. Otherwise, refrigerate and stir in pecans right before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 187, Fat – 13.2g, Dietary Fiber – 3.1g, Protein –1.3g, Vitamin C – 10%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Crisp, sweet apple varieties work best in salads – try Jonagold, Jonathan, Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp or Braeburn. Toasting pecans enhances their natural flavors.