- 4-6 cups mixed greens
- 1 Honey Crisp apple
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 Braeburn or Gala apple
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- ¼ pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sorghum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place greens in individual serving bowls. Layer apples, then nuts and cheese.
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a container with a fitted lid. Slightly warm the dressing (with the lid off) in the microwave. Place the lid back on and shake well.
- Pour over salads and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
If all three varieties of apple are not available, this recipe is great with pears, such as Bartlett. Try topping this salad with grilled chicken or salmon for a main course.