Get the taste carrot cake in salad form with sweet pineapple, raisins, dates and pecans.
- 1 pound baby carrots, shredded (roughly 4 ½-5 cups)
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup dates, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ¼ cup reduced-fat or light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat or light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey-roasted pecan pieces
- In a large bowl, lightly toss shredded carrots, raisins, dates and pineapple.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, zest, sugar and salt. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to thoroughly blend.
- Chill at least one hour to allow flavors to meld. Right before serving, stir in pecan pieces.