This fresh salad is bursting with fall flavors from apples, pears, goat cheese and walnuts.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 cup pure apple cider
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cups any favorite combination of mixed greens, hearts of romaine and spinach
- 1 small green apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 small red apple, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 small red or green pear, cored and very thinly sliced
- 5 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups toasted walnuts
- ½ cup (4-6 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing; in a medium bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until thoroughly blended. Refrigerate until serving time.
- For the salad; in a large bowl, toss mixed greens with apples, pear, cranberries and red onion. Sprinkle with walnuts and crumbled goat cheese right before serving.
- Toss with apple cider vinaigrette.
Tips & Notes
This recipe makes 2 cups of the Apple Cider Vinaigrette, so you’ll have some leftover. Store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.