A light, but flavorful Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette is a perfect complement to the fresh asparagus in this salad.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed about 1-inch
- ½ cup shallots, finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 heaping cups baby spring greens, lightly packed
- 6 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus on a large-rimmed (18-inch-by-13-inch) baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast until crisp-tender, about 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool, then cut spears into thirds.
- In a small bowl, whisk shallots, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, pepper, salt and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until thoroughly blended.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss spring greens and asparagus pieces. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Divide between 6 serving bowls or plates and top each salad with 1 tablespoon of shaved Parmesan cheese.