- Makes: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Apples are rich in quercetin, an antioxidant to fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- Wash soybeans.
- Place in a slow cooker and pour boiling water over to cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours; do not overcook.
- Drain soybeans and let cool.
- Add apples and celery. Blend in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 154, Total Fat – 5.2g, Dietary Fiber-3.3, Protein – 12.4g, Calcium-9%, Iron-21%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Use roasted, salted soybeans for a salty-sweet version of this salad.