- Makes: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Just eight medium strawberries provide more than 150 percent of your daily value for the disease-fighting vitamin C.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- 1 package ramen noodles, any flavor
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 10 ounces mandarin oranges
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or other nuts, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- red pepper sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dressing ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- Crumble noodles into a small baking dish, reserving seasoning packet for another use.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Toss remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Top with noodles, and drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 81, Fat – 2.5g, Dietary Fiber – 2.6g, Protein – 2.3g, Vitamin A – 12%, Vitamin C – 65%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.