Fresh, in-season strawberries and spinach accompany crunchy walnuts and mozzarella cheese in this refreshing salad.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 hearts of romaine lettuce, cut up or torn into bite-sized pieces (3 cups)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups (1 pint) fresh strawberries, hulled, cleaned and sliced
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) walnuts, broken into small pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Place the lettuce and spinach in a large bowl and toss with half the dressing. In a separate bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining dressing.
- Add the strawberries, cheese and walnuts to the salad.
- Sprinkle the basil ribbons on top.