- 2 cups breadcrumbs (made from slightly stale bread)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces hearty greens, torn into bite-sized pieces (preferably kale or collards)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and garlic powder. Stir in breadcrumbs. Continue to stir occasionally until breadcrumbs are evenly browned. Remove from heat. When cool, toss in the cheese. Place breadcrumb-cheese mixture on a cookie sheet to cool.
- In the same skillet, warm the olive oil and fresh garlic until fragrant. Stir in greens and chicken stock until greens are wilted and stock is mostly evaporated.
- Add salt and lemon zest. Serve immediately with a generous topping of breadcrumbs*
*There will be extra breadcrumbs. They are great on any vegetable, casserole or as a topping on macaroni and cheese.