- Prep Time: 30 minutes (refrigerate 1 hour)
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
- Working with one zucchini at a time, cut lengthwise into very thin (julienne) strips with slicer, turning zucchini and avoiding core. Discard core.
- Toss zucchini strips with 1 teaspoon salt and let drain in a colander set over a bowl, covered and chilled, for 1 hour.
- Gently squeeze handfuls of zucchini to remove excess water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook corn in a small saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Whisk together lemon juice, sugar, pepper, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking. Add zucchini, corn, tomatoes and basil; toss well.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 687, Fat – 52.9g, Dietary Fiber – 11.7g, Protein – 12.0g, Vitamin A – 25%, Vitamin C – 247%, Iron – 54%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Any summer squash will work in this recipe. Try using the crookneck or straightneck varieties of yellow squash.