Fresh zucchini and carrot "noodles" act as the base of this vegetable salad.
- Makes: 6 servings of 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 ½ cups fresh mango chunks
- 6 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 3 large zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 large carrot, ends trimmed and peeled
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- In a blender or food processor, combine broth, avocado, mango, 4 tablespoons cilantro, lime juice, tamari and Sriracha. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Using a spiral slicer, place zucchini on slicer and turn crank to create long strands that resemble spaghetti noodles. Repeat with carrot.
- Place zucchini and carrot strands in a large bowl, and toss with mango mixture to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with cashews and remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Tips & Notes
Don’t have a spiral slicer? Use a julienne peeler or vegetable peeler to make ribbons, then stack and slice by hand.