You will love this quick and easy grilled sandwich that combines the delicious flavors of apples and cheddar cheese.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Leave the skin on – unpeeled apples have 45 percent more fiber and antioxidants.
- Recipe Created By: U.S. Apple Association
- Preheat panini press on medium heat.
- Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread. Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using about ½ apple and 2 ounces cheese for each sandwich. Top each with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Tips & Notes
If you don’t have a panini press, just use a nonstick skillet to make these sandwiches. Just about any type of cheese you like can be substituted for the cheddar.