Create an inspired sandwich using toasted turkey, Brie, green apple and red onion.
- Makes: 4 sandwiches
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Leave the skin on the apples – unpeeled apples have 45 percent more fiber and antioxidants.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange sourdough slices on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mustard over each of 4 halves; top each with ½ cup turkey, two apple slices and one-fourth of onion. Divide cheese evenly among the remaining 4 halves.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts and turkey is warm.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on turkey halves. Top each turkey half with a cheese sourdough half.
Tips & Notes
If you're not a fan of Brie or don't have any available, this recipe works well with any kind of soft cheese.