- Makes: 10 servings of about 3/4 cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Quinoa is a complete protein, which means it contains all the essential amino acids your body can’t make on its own.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all water has evaporated and quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon and salt. Pour into large mixing bowl and set aside.
- While quinoa cooks, heat canola oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and saute 5 minutes
- Add onion and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add apples and saute until sweet potato is slightly soft and apples are crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add cooked mixture to spiced quinoa and stir lightly to blend.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 175, Fat – 4.1g, Dietary Fiber – 4.9g, Protein – 3.7g, Vitamin A – 135%, Vitamin C – 19%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Try roasted Saigon cinnamon in this recipe for an enhanced flavor.