- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes or until the starchiness is just gone.
- Drain and immerse the corn in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 115, Fat – 7.4g, Dietary Fiber –2.1g, Protein – 2.0g, Vitamin C – 32%, Iron – 14%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
• Cut corn kernels off fresh cobs safely! Cut the cob in half crosswise and stand it on its flat, cut end. Use a sharp chef’s knife and cut kernels off the ear, one side at a time.
• Is your garden overrun with zucchini squash? Try this recipe variation: Zucchini, Corn and Tomato Salad