Flour is commonly a thickener in creamed corn, so canned versions are not gluten free. Here's a recipe to make your own gluten-free creamed corn.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Keep your eyes healthier and eat lots of corn – it’s rich in zeaxanthin, a powerful nutrient that may help prevent age-related macular degeneration. Zeaxanthin also gives corn its yellow color.
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add corn and stir to mix well. (If using frozen kernels, sauté until corn is thawed before adding other ingredients.)
- Pour in heavy cream, sugar, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes or until sauce is thick.
Tips & Notes
Check out our entire collection of gluten-free recipes.