Healthy Brussels sprouts combine with sweet honey and lemon zest for a flavorful side dish.
- Makes: 2-4 servings of 2 ½ cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Brussels sprouts are rich in potassium, fiber, Vitamin A, C, K, and powerful bone health and cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- In a food processor, shred Brussels sprouts and onion.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil. Saute shredded sprouts and onion until they begin to brown. Stir in stock, honey, salt and red pepper.
- Stir occasionally until stock evaporates and sprouts are softened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Toss in lemon zest and serve immediately.