Fresh okra makes a tasty, healthy snack when roasted as "oven fries."
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Vivian Howard
- 1 pound or 20-25 okra, split or quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 turns black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the okra with the olive oil, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Spread the okra onto your largest baking pan, or two pans if necessary. It’s important that the okra touch and overlap very little. If they are piled on top of each other, they will steam, not roast.
- Slide the pan onto the middle rack of the oven. After 10 minutes, toss the okra gently with a spatula and rotate your pans if you are using two. Cook an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- When okra is done, it will be brown and crispy in a lot of places but shouldn’t smell burnt. Serve warm or at room temperature as a snack.