- Makes: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1-2 hours
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Tomatoes are filled with antioxidants vitamin A and C, and they contain lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients and toss with tomatoes. Lay tomatoes on a sheet pan.
- Roast in the oven for 1-2 hours, or until the tomatoes and garlic begin to brown. Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 164, Fat – 10.1g, Dietary Fiber – 5.1g, Protein – 2.6g, Vitamin A – 16%, Vitamin C – 50%, Calcium – 11%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Adjust time for the number and variety of tomatoes used. This recipe is a great way to use up heirloom tomatoes before they get rotten, but they may require 2-3 hours to cook, as they are often more watery.