- Makes: 6 servings
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Spinach is filled with nutrients and antioxidants for your immune system, eyes, bones, heart, brain and skin. Red bell peppers are filled with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C, and they actually contain even more antioxidants than their green, yellow and orange cousins.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- Heat ¼ cup oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir until rice is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes. Uncover and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large sauté pan. Add spinach and cook over medium heat until just wilted, about 4 minutes. Add spinach to rice.
- Using same pan, sauté peppers in remaining 1 tablespoon oil until crisp tender. Add peppers, as well as feta cheese, to rice and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 228, Fat – 3.6g, Dietary Fiber – 2.1g, Protein – 8.0g, Vitamin A – 92%, Vitamin C – 56%, Calcium – 13%, Iron – 19%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.