Hearty root vegetables get a burst of flavor from fresh rosemary in this simple side dish.
- 2 pounds mixed root vegetables*, cleaned and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves
*Any combination of seasonal root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, onions, rutabagas, winter squash, turnips, pumpkins, beets and potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss all ingredients together in a shallow roasting pan until well mixed. Roast for 30 minutes and stir. Roast another 30 minutes.
- Continue cooking another 15 minutes, if desired, to increase caramelization.