- 3 cups greens, such as kale, spinach, collard greens and/or Romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 fresh beets, julienned
- 2 fresh radishes, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
Creamy Jalapeño-Citrus Dressing:
- ½ cup jalapeno orange jam (or marmalade mixed with red pepper flakes)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix dressing ingredients together and chill.
- Meanwhile, clean and rinse fresh veggies and julienne. To slice greens, roll up lengthwise and slice chiffonade style.
- Mix with dressing. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts for Ingredients (per serving): Calories – 242, Fat – 11.1g, Dietary Fiber – 3.5g, Protein – 3.3g, Vitamin A – 185%, Vitamin C – 106%, Calcium – 13%, Iron – 6%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.