- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 cups grated)
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup pepper jelly
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- cooking oil
- Peel and grate sweet potatoes. Grate the onion. Squeeze excess liquid from sweet potatoes and onion.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sweet potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat cooking oil (about ¼-inch deep) in a large skillet. When oil is hot, but not smoking, spoon and spread batter by heaping tablespoons, and fry until potatoes are cooked through (about 3 minutes per side).
- Serve hot with pepper jelly and yogurt.