- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Swiss chard is considered a superfood because it provides a large variety and amount of vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Thanks to the chard, this vegetable side dish is chock full of vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium and magnesium.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Wash the Swiss chard and cut leaves from stem. Coarsely chop leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic and saute two minutes.
- Add chard and toss until wilted. Add chicken broth and raisins, and simmer until greens are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Tips & Notes
When adding the Swiss chard to the pan, it may seem as if there’s too much, but just keep tossing and it will wilt enough to fit. You can also opt to make this dish vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth.