- Shell field peas, blanch for three minutes and shock in bowl of ice-cold water. Cut the tomatoes into one-inch chunks.
- Combine the legumes and tomatoes.
- Cut the basil into long, thin strips, combine with mint, and scatter over. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle oil.
- Carefully toss the ingredients, coating thoroughly with the oil. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately with the garlic aioli.
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients and pulse together.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle the oil through the feed tube. If the mixture seems too thick, add a tablespoon or two of boiling water.
- Fold in the roasted garlic.
Tips & Notes
Tomatoes should be stored at room temperature; refrigeration dulls their flavor. Use within a week.