- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Saute the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add the chicken stock, wine and carrots and heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, over medium heat until the carrots are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then purée mixture in a blender or food processor with a steel blade.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve hot or cold and garnish with chives or parsley.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 741, Fat – 26.6g, Dietary Fiber – 6.7g, Protein – 84.2g, Vitamin A – 580%, Vitamin C – 34%, Calcium – 11%, Iron – 21%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.