A classic, no-fuss chili recipe that gets down to the basics- pinto and kidney beans, savory garlic, pungent onions and sweet bell pepper.
- Makes: 4 quarts
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 2 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cups green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups onion, diced
- oil, for sautéing
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) tomato sauce
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 soup can water
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain.
- In a large stockpot, sauté the bell pepper and onion in oil until slightly soft.
- Add the minced garlic and browned beef.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, soup, water and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for approximately 15 minutes, and stir in vinegar.