- Makes: 6 quarts (12 servings)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups leeks, chopped, white part only (approximately 3 medium leeks)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 3 quarts chicken or vegetable stock (homemade broth recipe)
- 2 (28-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen corn
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 2½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion, leeks and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage, carrots and celery, and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, increase heat to high, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add the tomatoes, potatoes and herbs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add frozen corn, salt and pepper in last 5 minutes of cooking.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 473, Fat – 10.6g, Dietary Fiber – 10.1g, Protein – 48.5g, Calcium – 9%, Iron – 39%, Potassium – 31%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Feel free to add or substitute other fresh and frozen vegetables of your choosing.