- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: One cup of kale has 36 calories, 0 grams of fat and 20 percent of the recommended daily value of dietary fiber.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 cups kale, thinly sliced in approximately ¾-inch ribbons
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 ounces (2 cans) cannelloni beans, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, saute kielbasa approximately five minutes. Remove kielbasa and set aside.
- Add olive oil, and saute onions and carrots 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add kale, turn to low heat, cover and let kale steam for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper, then stir to combine.
- Add beans, bay leaf, broth and kielbasa. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 355, Fat – 22.4g, Dietary Fiber –4.8g, Protein – 20.0g, Vitamin A – 240%, Vitamin C – 139%, Calcium – 11%, Iron – 18%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.