Select your favorite pasta to use in this beef and vegetable soup with just a hint of spiciness.
- Makes: 9 quarts
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: The ground beef in this soup is filled with high-quality protein, zinc, vitamin B12 and iron.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1½ cups onion, chopped
- 1¾ cups carrots, slivered
- 1¾ cups celery, diced
- 48 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups red kidney beans, cooked
- 88 ounces canned beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2½ teaspoons pepper
- 2½ teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 48 ounces canned spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup any type dry pasta
- 5 teaspoons dried parsley
- Sprinkle beef with salt, and saute in oil in large 10-quart pot until it starts to brown.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse beans, and add to pot.
- Add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce and noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes.
Tips & Notes
Cut the recipe in half for smaller family needs.