- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Zucchini is a good source of vitamins A and C as well as heart-healthy potassium and fiber, while split peas provide protein.
- Recipe Created By: USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council
- Combine peas, broth and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 35-45 minutes or until peas are very soft. Stir in the pesto, zucchini and scallions and simmer 5-10 minutes longer.
- Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 173, Fat – 3.3g, Dietary Fiber –1.5g, Protein – 30.9g, Vitamin A – 42%, Vitamin C –31%
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
You can also use freshly made basil in this recipe.