This healthy, flavorful soup is perfect to battling winter colds.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 single-serving package (3 ouces) ramen noodles (do not use seasoning)
- 1 cup collard greens, chiffonade (cut into “ribbons”)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a stockpot, saute the garlic in the sesame oil until just fragrant. Stir in ginger and carrots. Saute lightly.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a low boil. Add the noodles and greens.
- Stir over medium heat until the noodles and greens are al dente, about 5 minutes. Add Sriracha and soy sauce to your taste.
Tips & Notes
This soup is great with thinly sliced pork, diced chicken or shrimp. It’s also good to crack an egg into the pot and let it poach in the broth.