- 15 ounces (1 can) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces (1 can) sliced beets, drained
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½-¾ teaspoon ground cumin*
- ½-¾ teaspoon ground coriander*
- ½-¾ teaspoon Aleppo pepper*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- chopped cilantro, mint and/or additional Aleppo pepper for garnish
*Use ¾ teaspoon cumin, coriander and Aleppo pepper if you prefer spicier foods.
- Add garbanzo beans, beets, garlic and peanut or almond butter to food processor bowl. Process until blended. Scrape bowl, add all remaining ingredients and process again until thoroughly combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in tightly covered container. Garnish as desired.