- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, browned and crumbled (optional)
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly peeled to make 4 cups “noodles” and drained
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet, saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until mushrooms are browned and liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. If using sausage, stir it into the mushrooms.
- Layer half of the zucchini over the mushroom mixture. Layer half of the ricotta and mozzarella on top. Pour half of the marinara sauce over all. Repeat zucchini, cheeses and sauce layers. Sprinkle ½ cup Parmesan over all.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Tips & Notes
• A mandoline works well for slicing the zucchini into thin strips.
• Drain your zoodles to avoid them getting soggy as the lasagna is cooking. To learn more, read our post on How to Drain Your Zucchini Noodles in Three Easy Steps.