Here are eight great ways to explore South Carolina farms and food:
- Visit your State Farmers Markets. Find a list at agriculture.sc.gov/statefarmersmarkets.
- Head to your local community’s farmers market. See which markets are near you; visit agriculture.sc.gov and click on Community Farmers Markets under quick links.
- Shop at Certified Roadside Market Stands. Go to agriculture.sc.gov/certifiedroadsidemarketprogram for a list.
- Buy Certified SC produce and products for use at home or as gifts. Browse through the many options at www.certifiedscgrown.com.
- Eat at Fresh on the Menu Restaurants or use a caterer that serves Certified SC Grown products. See those participants at www.certifiedscgrown.com/FreshOnTheMenu.
- Participate in a Community Supported Agriculture group. Find a list at agriculture.sc.gov/CSA.
- Encourage your child’s school or childcare center to participate in SC Farm to School. Learn more at agriculture.sc.gov/farm2school.
- Visit a local farm for food, and family fun activities.