Tasty peanuts are an interesting crop, as they’re not actually a nut, but rather a legume.
Some of our favorite recipes featuring peanuts include Thai Peanut Pasta, Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Pie, Double Chocolate Nut Clusters, and Peanut Parsley Pesto. Georgia is a major peanut producer in the U.S., providing tasty peanuts for the recipes listed above.
Check out fun peanut facts below, and share the infographic on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, or contact us to reprint.
8 Fun Facts About Peanuts
- “Boiled peanuts” are considered a delicacy in the peanut-growing areas of the South.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Former President Bill Clinton says one of his favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and banana. It’s also reported to have been a favorite of Elvis “the King” Presley.
- Astronaut Alan Shepard brought a peanut with him to the moon.
- The average peanut farm is 100 acres.
- March is National Peanut Month.
- Peanuts are sometimes called “ground nuts” or “ground peas” because they grow underground.
- What makes the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich? 56% say smooth peanut butter, 36% say strawberry jam and 31% say grape jam.
Source: National Peanut Board